Join Our Associate Board
Thank you for your interest in joining Willpowered Woman’s Associate Board! We are excited to introduce you to our organization, share our associate board members’ responsibilities, and describe the application process.
The major initiative for the Associate Board is to elevate Willpowered Woman in every aspect of the organization: funding, public relations, marketing, educational opportunities and partnerships. Each Associate Board member has a certain focus depending on his/her area of expertise.
About Willpowered Woman
Willpowered Woman focuses on empowering women. We educate at high schools, universities and businesses to prevent intimate partner abuse and support women who have been affected. Willpowered Woman’s programs make the world a safer place, especially for teen girls and women. We believe that our classes should be available to everyone, and we rely on our Associate Boards support so we can reach more people every year. If you are interested in giving girls and women a powerful tool for safer, more confident lives, become a Willpowered Woman Associate Board Member.
Willpowered Woman is a grassroots 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area, founded in October 2015. Since 2016, we have facilitated educational programs to young women across the San Francisco Bay Area. To see the impact we have had in our community, read our 2016 Impact Report and 2017 Impact Report.
Every quarter for 2 hours. Our expectation is that Associate Board members will participate in at least 11 meetings per year.
8-20 hours per month and 2-hour quarterly meetings.
Monetary: Give & Get
A yearly donation upwards of $2000 ($5,000-$10,000 if you have the means) and fundraising $3000+ is required.
Associate Board Responsibilities
Fundraising: Each Associate Board member fundraises $3,000+ each year. Many Associate Board members set even higher goals and we encourage you to set goals that will challenge you. Part of fundraising can simply be inviting friends, family and colleagues to our events or working on promoting our fundraising events, it doesn’t have to be direct fundraising. It also includes finding opportunities to connect the organization with funders, individual donors, corporate giving and business donors.
Donating: Each Associate Board member donates $2,000+ ($5,000 - $10,000 recommended if you have the means). Before officially joining the Associate Board, a prospective member makes their donation.
- We will arrange an interview (in person or over the phone) with the CEO. During this interview, we will tell you about the organization, answer your questions and ask you more about your interests, skills, and availability.
- After the interview and if we want to move forward, we will figure out what position we think you’re best suited to fulfill and will extend an official invitation for you to join the Associate Board. We hope you will say YES.
- As soon as you have accepted the offer, we ask all Associate Board members to make their donation immediately. You then sign the Associate Board Agreement & receive your Associate Board member materials.
- Our quarterly Associate Board meetings are from 5:45pm-8pm (start time right on 6:00pm) on the second Wednesday of the month in person at our offices 540 Howard St, San Francisco or via conference call.
- After your first board meeting, we will share our fundraising campaign with you and will add you to our fundraising spreadsheet so you can keep track of everything and know what format to use when keeping track of donors.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply below.